The Nebraska Republican Party has announced a series of six debates between now and the May 13, 2014, primary, including one in Broken Bow. There will be three debates for the Republican candidates for Governor and three for the Republican US Senate candidates. In addition, there will be one debate for each office in each of the three Congressional Districts.
"The Nebraska GOP has always supported strong, competitive primaries and 2014 is an important year for our state and for our country. I look forward to these debates providing our candidates with a venue to discuss the issues important to Nebraska. These debates also provide ample opportunity for our primary voters to hear the candidates and make their decision on who will best represent Nebraska values," stated a press release announcing the debates by J.L. Spray.
The dates and locations for the debates are as follows:
1) February 19 - Papillion LaVista South High School
2) March 23 - Broken Bow - One Box Convention Center
3) April 23 - Norfolk - Johnny Carson Theatre
1) January 29 -Gering Civic Center
2) March 11 - Omaha - UNO Thompson Alumni Center
3) April 7 - Lincoln - Champions Club