Pecan pie in a smaller size...what a great idea! This means I can eat two or three and not feel guilty (right?). Kathy Sterling’s Tiny Pecan Pies are music to my taste buds. The buttery crust and the rich filling are oh so delicious. The perfect treat for any holiday dessert table.
Tiny Pecan Pies
What You Need:
3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c flour, sifted
3/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
2/3 c pecans, in pieces
1 tsp vanilla extract
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• Mix cream cheese and butter together
• Stir in flour.
• Chill dough for 1 hour.
• Shape dough into 24 balls and place in 24 muffin tins.
• Press dough into regular muffin tins, working it up the sides
and into the bottom.
*Note: Mini muffin tins can be used but you may need to reduce the cooking time.
• Sprinkle 1/2 of the pecans into the bottom of the dough lined
• Beat together egg, 1 tbsp of butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth.
• Spoon filling over the pecans in the muffin cups.
• Top with remaining pecans.
• Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until set.
• Cool completely before removing from muffin tins.